Brother is a trusted brand for sergers. They have a variety of sergers to choose from, and each one is designed with a specific purpose in mind. If you’re in the market for a serger, Brother is definitely a brand to consider.
When shopping for a Best Brother serger machine, it is important to consider the features that are most important to you.
Table of Contents
- Reviews of Top 4 Best Brother Serger Machine (2022)
- 1. Brother Serger 1034D [Best Overall]
- 2. Brother Brother ST4031HD Serger [Best Heavy Duty]
- 3. Brother Serger DZ1234 [Easy to use]
- 4. Brother Coverstitch Serger 2340CV [Best Sturdiness]
- Buying Guides for Brother Serger Sewing Machine
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of Top 4 Best Brother Serger Machine (2022)
Brother is a brand known for its quality sewing machines. The company offers a wide range of sergers with sewing machine, each with its own set of features. Serger is a special type of sewing machine that is used to create finishes on fabric edges.
It can be used to create a variety of fabrics including: knit, stretch, and woven.
1. Brother Serger 1034D [Best Overall]
The Brother Serger, 1034D is a durable metal frame overlock machine that has 1,300 stitches per minute. It also has a trim trap, 3 accessory feet, and a protective cover included.
This serger is perfect for both beginner and experienced sewers.
It’s easy to thread and use, yet it has enough features to satisfy more advanced users. The Brother Serger, 1034D is a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable, quality brother overlock machine.
It has a metal frame that makes it sturdy and able to withstand heavy use, and it can stitch up to 1,300 stitches per minute. It also includes a trim trap to help keep threads from getting caught in the machine, as well as three accessory feet and a protective cover.
Why do We Liked It?
- Brother Serger is a durable machine made with a metal frame.
- It has a speed of 1,300 stitches per minute.
- The Trim Trap feature prevents loose threads from becoming tangled in the machine.
- It includes three accessory feet and a protective cover.
- The machine is easy to use and comes with a variety of stitch options.
If you're looking for a durable and high-speed serger, the Brother 1034DX is a great option.
2. Brother Brother ST4031HD Serger [Best Heavy Duty]
Brother ST4031HD serger machine is a strong and tough serger that is perfect for any heavy duty fabric job. With 1,300 stitches per minute, this machine can easily handle any project you throw at it.
The durable metal frame can handle even the heaviest fabric, and the large extension table ensures that you have plenty of working space. The three included accessory feet help you get started on your project right away.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, the brother ST4031HD serger machine is the perfect tool for you.
This Brother ST4031HD Serger is a great machine for advanced sewers. It sews quickly and smoothly, and has a durable metal frame. The extension table is a nice addition, and the three included accessory feet are also a plus.
Why do We Liked It?
- The Brother ST4031HD serger is a very tough machine that is built to last.
- It has a very high stitch speed of 1,300 stitches per minute.
- It comes with a large extension table for improved work space.
- It includes three accessory feet for added functionality.
- It is backed by a strong warranty from Brother.
The Brother ST4031HD serger machine is definitely a workhorse, and is sure to last for many years.
3. Brother Serger DZ1234 [Easy to use]
Are you looking for a heavy-duty overlock machine that can handle any project? The Brother Serger, DZ1234, is a metal frame overlock machine that sews 1,300 stitches per minute!
It also has a removeable trim trap, so you can easily get to your projects without having to deal with any loose threads. Plus, it comes with three included accessory feet and two sets of starter thread.
Brother Serger DZ1234 is a heavy-duty serger designed for professional use. It has a wide range of capabilities, including top stitch, zigzag and French seams.
We tested it to see how well it performed and found that it was very reliable.
Why do We Liked It?
- This Brother Serger’s 1300 stitches per minute make it a powerful machine.
- The removeable trim trap is a convenient feature that helps keep your work area clean.
- The included accessory feet are a nice bonus, and the two sets of starter thread are helpful to get started.
- The metal frame is sturdy and durable.
- The price is very reasonable for all that this machine has to offer.
This is a great serger! It is so easy to use and thread. Overall, we were very impressed with the Brother Serger DZ1234 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a high-end serger.
4. Brother Coverstitch Serger 2340CV [Best Sturdiness]
Brother Coverstitch Serger, 2340CV is a sturdy serger with a metal frame that sews at 1,100 stitches per minute. The trim trap prevents fabric from falling into the serger, and the included snap-on presser feet make it easy to get started with this serger.
The Brother Coverstitch Serger, 2340CV is a great serger that can handle a variety of fabrics and projects.
It has a sturdy metal frame and 1,100 stitches per minute, making it perfect for any project. The trim trap also helps to keep your work area clean and organized.
The included snap-on presser feet make it easy to use and get started on your project right away.
Why do We Liked It?
- The Brother coverstitch serger, model 2340CV, is a sturdy machine with a metal frame.
- It has a speed of 1,100 stitches per minute, which is impressive.
- The trim trap helps keep threads and fabric scraps from getting caught in the works, which can cause sewing problems.
- The coverstitch serger comes with a variety of snap-on presser feet, which is a bonus.
- It is easy to use and produces great results.
Looking for a top-of-the-line brother coverstitch serger? The Brother 2340CV might be what you're looking for.
Buying Guides for Brother Serger Sewing Machine
Sergers are a type of sewing machine designed specifically for sewing fabric seams together. They have a built-in knife that trims the fabric as it sews, which gives a clean, professional finished edge. If youre thinking of buying a brother serger, here are a few things to consider:
1. What types of fabrics will you be sewing?
Sergers can be used for a variety of fabrics, but some fabrics are better suited for a serger than others. Thicker fabrics, like denim or leather, can be difficult to sew on a standard sewing machine, but they are perfect for a serger. Lighter fabrics, like chiffon or silk, can also be sewn on a serger, but they may not be as sturdy as fabrics that are thicker or have a more pronounced seam.
2. What types of seams will you be sewing?
Sergers can be used to sew a variety of seams, but some seams are better suited for a serger than others. The most common type of seam that is sewn on a serger is a 4-thread overlock seam. This seam is very sturdy and is perfect for fabrics that are thick or challenging to sew on a standard sewing machine. If you will be sewing a lot of lightweight fabrics, you may want to consider a 2-thread overlock seam, which is less sturdy but still looks professional.
3. What features do you want your serger to have?
Sergers come with a variety of different features, so you need to decide which features are important to you. Some sergers come with a built-in rolled hem feature, which is perfect for sewing hems on lightweight fabrics. Other sergers come with a differential feed, which allows you to sew fabrics that are different sizes or thicknesses together without stretching or puckering them.
4. How much do you want to spend?
A brother sewing machine with serger can range in price from around $100 to $1,000, so you need to decide how much you are willing to spend. Keep in mind that the more features a serger has, the more it will cost. If you are just starting out and aren’t sure if you will use a serger often, you may want to buy a less expensive model. If you know that you will be using your serger a lot, you may want to invest in a more expensive model with more features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Brother is a good serger. I have one and it works great. It’s easy to use and has a lot of features that are helpful for serging.
The Brother 1034D is a quality serger that is popular with sewers of all experience levels. This brother overlocker machine is easy to use and thread, making it a great choice for beginners. It also features a differential feed adjustment, which allows you to control the speed at which the fabric moves through the serger.
No matter what type of serger you choose, it will be a valuable addition to your sewing tools. With the right attachments, a serger can do just about anything. A Brother serger is the perfect machine for anyone looking to get professional-looking results without having to take a course in sewing.