Sergers are a great investment for any sewer. If you’re in the market for a quality serger, the Janome brand is definitely worth considering. With a wide range of models to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect Janome serger for your needs.
Table of Contents
- Reviews of 5 Top Janome Serger (2022)
- 1. Janome 8002D Serger [Top Choice]
- 2. Janome MOD-8933 Serger
- 3. Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX
- 4. Janome CoverPro 900CPX
- 5. Janome MyLock 634D
- 6. Janome 7933 Horizon Differential Feed Serger
- 7. Janome New 793PG Serger
- Buying Guides: Best Janome Serger Machine
Reviews of 5 Top Janome Serger (2022)
1. Janome 8002D Serger [Top Choice]
A serger is a type of sewing machine that sews and finishes the edges of fabric at the same time. The Janome 8002D Serger is a serger that has a number of features that make it a great choice for both beginners and experienced sewers alike.
The Janome 8002D Serger has a 2-thread capability, which makes it perfect for basic projects. It also has a differential feed ratio of 0.7 to 2.0, which means that it can handle a wide range of fabrics, from light-weight fabrics to heavier fabrics. This Serger is also equipped with an automatic rolled hem feature, which makes it easy to create professional-looking rolled hems on your fabric.
This serger is also easy to operate, thanks to its simplistic design. The Janome 8002D Serger is perfect for beginners who are just learning how to use a serger, but it is also powerful enough to handle more complex projects. If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-use serger, the Janome 8002D Serger is a great option.
When I first opened the box, I was impressed with all of the accessories that came with the machine. There was an instructional DVD, a seam ripper, a needle threader, a screwdriver, and a spool pin cap, just to name a few. The machine itself is well-constructed and easy to operate. The instruction booklet is easy to follow and includes many helpful tips.
I have used the machine to serge a variety of fabrics, including silk, cotton, and polyester. The serging results are always professional looking and the stitches are very strong. I have also used the machine to overcast the edges of fabric, and the results are just as good as with the serging.
At a Glance:
- Affordable price point.
- Compact and easy to store.
- User-friendly interface.
- Smooth and consistent performance.
- Excellent value for the money.
Overall, I am very pleased with this machine and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality serger.
2. Janome MOD-8933 Serger
The Janome MOD-8933 Serger with Lay-in Threading is a 3 and 4 thread convertible serger with differential feed. This serger is perfect for finish seams and rolled hems on skirts, pants, blouses and other garments.
This Serger has a variety of features, including lay-in threading, differential feed, and a color coded threading path. With this Janome Serger, you can create professional looking seams and hems with ease.
This machine is also very easy to use, and the instructions were clear and concise.
At a Glance:
- Easy to thread.
- It has a differential feed, which helps to produce beautiful stitches.
- It can be used for a variety of projects.
- It Has a built-in differential feed dial for easy stitch adjustments.
- Comes with an instructional DVD and a serger manual, which makes it easy to learn how to use.
This machine is wonderful! I love the different options for threading, and the differential feed is great for keeping fabrics from bunching up.
3. Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX
The Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX is a coverstitch machine that comes with a bonus bundle. The bonus bundle includes a hemmer foot, an edge guide, a blind hem foot, and a walking foot.
Thia janome coverstitch machine is a great choice for both home and professional sewers. It is easy to use and has a variety of built-in features that make it a versatile tool for a wide range of projects.
It has a stitch width of 3.0 mm and a stitch length of 2.5 mm. It also has an adjustable differential feed ratio that ranges from .5 to 2.25. This allows you to sew difficult fabrics with ease and create professional-looking results.
The Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX also has a built-in thread cutter. This allows you to quickly and easily cut your threads without having to fumble with scissors. This is a great feature for speedy sewing projects.
At a Glance:
- The Janome Cover Pro 1000CPX is a high-quality machine that is built to last.
- It is easy to use and perfect for beginner sewers.
- Versatile and can be used for a variety of projects.
- The bonus bundle includes a variety of helpful tools and accessories that make using the machine even easier.
- Great value for the price.
This machine is easy to use and comes with a variety of accessories to help you get started and It can be a great choice for any sewer.
4. Janome CoverPro 900CPX
If you’re in the market for a new serger, you’ll want to check out the Janome CoverPro 900CPX Portable CoverHem Serger Machine. This machine is a real workhorse, and it’s perfect for home sewers who want the convenience of a portable machine.
This Machine is a three-thread serger that can create cover hems, rolled hems, and flat locked seams. It’s also equipped with a differential feed system, which helps to ensure smooth, even stitches. And if you need to take your machine on the go, the built-in carrying handle makes it easy to transport.
One of the things that I really love about the Janome CoverPro 900CPX is the fact that it’s so easy to use. Even if you’re new to serging, you’ll be able to get the hang of this machine in no time. The included instructional DVD makes it a breeze to learn how to use the different features, and the built-in threading system makes it easy to get started.
This serger is easy to use and perfect for beginner sewers. The cover hem stitch is a great feature that allows you to hem your projects quickly and easily.
The bonus 3rd person experience is a nice touch, and really helps to improve your serging skills.
At a Glance:
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around, making it the perfect machine for taking to classes or workshops.
- This is incredibly easy to use. It is perfect for beginners, and even those who have never used a serger before will be able to figure it out in no time.
- This Janome Serger is a great value for the price. It is significantly less expensive than other comparable machines on the market, but still offers many of the same features.
- Comes with a number of bonus features, including a hemming guide, a storage case, and a DVD tutorial.
- A high-quality machine that is built to last. It is backed by a full two-year warranty, ensuring that you will be able to use it for years to come.
This Janome CoverPro 900CPX is lightweight and portable, making it easy to take with you on the go.
5. Janome MyLock 634D
If you’re looking for a sturdy, reliable Serger sewing machine that will stand up to years of wear and tear, the Janome MyLock 634D is the perfect choice. This mechanical Serger sewing machine is loaded with features to make your sewing projects easier, including a four-piece customer appreciation bonus.
The Janome MyLock 634D has a variety of stitches to choose from, making it perfect for both beginners and experienced sewers. It also has a built-in needle threader and a drop-in bobbin system, so you can start sewing right away. This is also compatible with Janome’s range of accessories, so you can customize your sewing experience.
With its heavy-duty metal frame, the Janome MyLock 634D is built to last. It’s also easy to operate, so you’ll be able to start sewing your favorite projects right away. Thanks to the four-piece customer appreciation bonus, the Janome MyLock 634D is a great value for the money. So don’t wait order your Janome MyLock 634D today!
My aunt is a professional seamstress and she recommended the Janome MyLock 634D to me. After doing some research, I decided to purchase it.
At a Glance:
- A dependable and sturdy mechanical sewing Serger machine.
- It has been tested and proven to be a high quality machine.
- Easy to use and comes with a helpful instructional guide.
- Perfect for both beginner and experienced sewers.
Overall, I am extremely pleased with this machine and would definitely recommend it to others.
6. Janome 7933 Horizon Differential Feed Serger
The Janome Horizon 7933 is a differential feed serger that offers a variety of features to make your sewing projects easier.
With its differential feed, you can easily sew fabrics together that vary in thickness, preventing puckering and stretching. It also has an automatic tension system that ensures the correct tension is maintained no matter what type of fabric you are using.
Additionally, the serger has a built-in rolled hem feature that allows you to quickly and easily create professional-looking rolled hems on your projects.
With all the different fabrics I’ve used, the Horizon has handled them all perfectly with no puckering or bunching. The threading is so easy and the dials are very intuitive.
At a Glance:
- It has differential feed which eliminates puckering and stretching on fabric.
- The Janome Horizon has an automatic thread cutter which trims the thread automatically when you finish your seam.
- It has a color coded threading system which makes threading a breeze.
- Easy to use knee lift which gives you more control over your fabric.
- Comes with a wide range of accessories which gives you a lot of flexibility in what you can sew.
I absolutely love my Janome Horizon! It is a dream to work with and the differential feed feature is amazing.
7. Janome New 793PG Serger
If you’re in the market for a quality serger, the New! 793PG Serger is worth considering. This machine is packed with features that will make your serging experience easier and more productive.
It has a bonus extension table, which provides more space to work on large projects. The trim bin is also a handy feature, allowing you to easily dispose of scraps and threads.
This serger is equipped with a number of different stitches, allowing you to sew a variety of fabrics. The differential feed ensures that your fabric moves smoothly through the machine, preventing puckering and stretching.
The New 793PG is also easy to operate, making it perfect for beginners. With its simple controls, you’ll be able to quickly create beautiful projects.
At a Glance:
- This serger is easy to operate with its intuitive touch screen.
- The bonus extension table and trim bin make it easy to serge large pieces of fabric and keep your work area tidy.
- The differential ratio ensures consistent stitch quality.
- The threading is easy to follow, and the tension is adjustable.
- The free arm makes it easy to serge around curves and smaller pieces of fabric.
If you're looking for a quality serger that is packed with features, the New! 793PG is a great option.
Buying Guides: Best Janome Serger Machine
A best janome serger can be a great investment for anyone who enjoys sewing. Before you purchase one, however, there are a few things you should consider.
The first thing you need to think about is your skill level. If you are a beginner sewer, you may want to consider purchasing a serger with a lower price tag. This will allow you to become familiar with the machine before upgrading to a more expensive model.
Another thing to consider is the features that you need. If you plan to use your serger for everyday sewing tasks, you will want to make sure that it has a variety of features. If you only plan to use it occasionally, you may not need as many features.
Finally, you should think about the size of the serger.
Yes, Janome Overlockers Are Good Quality And Produce A Neat, Professional Finish.
The newest Janome serger is the Janome1110DX Pro.
Yes, Janome does make a serger.
A Janome serger does a variety of tasks, including overcasting, hemming, and seaming. It can also be used to create gathers, to add elastic, or to create ruffles.
Sergers are a great investment for any sewer, and Janome is one of the top brands in this category. With a Janome serger, you’ll be able to create beautifully finished seams with ease.
A janome serger can be an extremely helpful addition to any sewer’s toolkit. It provides a quick and easy way to finish seams and create professional-looking results.
It has a variety of features that make it easy to use and produces beautiful results.
Philip K. Williams is a tool enthusiast and sewing machines expert for the last 5 years. He has been a great passion for writing about everything related to tools, machinery and DIY. Philip runs the editorial team at MachineryHacks.